Make a decent buck or two on Ebay this Summer…
So, you want to make money from home this Summer?
It’s not as difficult as you think.
1) Set it up…
- Online banking account (debit/credit card not usually necessary)
- Your FREE own personal Ebay account at Ebay (UK) or Ebay (USA)
- For other countries, type in ‘ebay’ and sign up from there (may be ebay.com.)
- FREE Paypal account (UK) or Paypal (USA) to take online payments
- You will need kitchen scales! (buy on ebay)
- You will need bubble wrap, brown paper, scissors & brown tape/strong sellotape. (buy on ebay)
- You DO NOT need a printer.
2) Source items…
- Charity shops
- Car boot sales
- ‘Yard’ sales
- Loft! Garage! (check it’s yours/you have permission)
- Ebay/Amazon itself (then resell!)
3) You will need to pay…
- Ebay -automatic 10% fee of the price WHEN your item sells (eg: 10% of £15.99 = £1.59)
- Paypal-automatic 5% fee of the price WHEN your item sells (eg: 5% of £15.99 = £0.80)
- Packaging & Postage (Check Parcel2go for best deals-including Royal Mail, Hermes, etc)
4) Top Tips
- You can have parcels collected from your house for about 50p each (Hermes)
- Often free cover for items if lost (£20 Hermes, £50 Royal Mail Signed For)
- It’s cheaper to take parcels to the shop!
- Buying post on Ebay is cheaper!
- Post prices usually go from 0-1kg, 1-2kg, 2-5kg, so buy light-weight items!
- Branded clothes sell better than unbranded, and usually fetch higher prices!
- Books can be hard to shift quickly, unless they’re collectables.
- Check prices with barcodes using ebay’s free app on your phone-click Google play, search ‘ebay’, download. Press the camera icon near the search bar & scan.
- Will it sell quickly? Type item in, then press ‘filter by’. Scroll down & press ‘see more’, click ‘sold’ to see dates of recent similar sales!
- Ebay can ‘guess’ the cost to send an item, once details are filled in. Include cost in the selling price, then put ‘free postage’. Buyers love that!
5) I need help!
- Link to my own free ‘Ebay seller‘ videos at the end of the first video!
P.S Need something more long term than Ebay? Meet Stuart, a very successful businessman with a great lifestyle!